Here you can find the teaching resources developed by Gergana Daskalova for Trinity Academy Gardening Club. We are happy to share them with other gardening clubs and schools, but please let us know if you are planning to use them, so that we can learn about other Gardening Clubs around Scotland.
Six presentations are available to facilitate the delivery of the lessons:
- Lesson 1. The benefits of gardening + handout “A brief guide to growing fruits and vegetables in Scotland”
- Lesson 2.1 Garden design
- Lesson 2.2 Companion planting
- Lesson 4. Pest, diseases and solutions
- Lesson 5.1 Environmental impact of agriculture
- Lesson 5.2 Wildlife-friendly farming
Note: Lesson 3 is the Movie Day Lesson, and as the pupils will be watching a movie, no presentation is needed – the Movie Day worksheet is available from here.
The board game “Herbology: friends vs. enemies” is also available for free downloading and use. You can download all the necessary components here, print and cut out the cards, and will be ready to present pupils with the opportunity for an exciting and educational game. The board is meant to be printed in A3 size, with everything else in A4, and the sheets can be laminated to increase durability.